In this video, Allison Rimm discuss setting goals to create life balance. Write down your priorities for the short, medium, and long terms in four major categories: your career, your relationships and family, your role in the community, and as caretaker of your mind, body, and spirit. Review and re-balance the priorities periodically.
After viewing the video, answer a “Question to Ask” and select an “Idea for Action” to incorporate into your routine this week.
Ideas for Action
- Start by setting long-term goals in each of these four areas: vocation, relationships, community involvement, and personal care taking.
- Consider what steps you need to take to reach your long-term goals and make room for them in your short-term plans.
- Keep your short-term planning very short. Plan for a maximum of one week ahead at a time.
- Take into account how your circumstances might change and affect your medium- and long-term planning.
Questions to Ask
- Have you reached the goals you set for yourself in the past?
- How do the four areas of vocation, relationships, community involvement, and personal care taking work together?
- Do you enjoy short-, medium-, or long-term planning most? Why?
- How does goal setting influence your work-life balance?