Class Number: HR-LOD200-CCF
This two half-day version of the Crucial Conversations course is a subset of the skills taught in the traditional two-day course. Participants learn skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high stakes, emotional, or risky topic–at all levels of the organization. Crucial Conversations FOCUSED provides greater flexibility to meet the demanding schedules and time restraints of busy teams and organization. Trainers can now deliver these high-leverage skills across the entire organization through both the traditional two-day course ad the FOCUSED one-day version.
What Is a Crucial Conversation?
A crucial conversation is a discussion between two or more people where the stakes are high, opinions vary, and emotions run strong. These conversations—when handled poorly or ignored—lead to strained relationships and dismal results. However, when you can speak and be heard (and encourage others to do the same), you’ll surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act on your decisions with unity and commitment.
Facilitator: Kevin Rice, Ph.D.
Participants learn how to:
- Speak persuasively, not abrasively
- Foster teamwork and better decision making
- Build acceptance rather than resistance
- Resolve individual and group disagreements
- Crucial Conversations
- FOCUSED Participant Toolkit (This 32-page toolkit is a streamlined version of the standard 160-page toolkit)
- Crucial Conversations FOCUSED model card
- The New York Times bestselling book Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High
- Crucial Conversations Audio Companion MP3 download
- A course completion certificate
To register for this course click on the link: REPORTER