Class Number: HR-LOD200
Crucial Conversations is a 2-day course that teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics—at all levels of your organization. By learning how to speak and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), you’ll begin to surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act on your decisions with unity and commitment.
- Learn skills for engaging in true dialogue.
- Identify the right problem to hold the right conversation.
- Stay focused on what you really want when motives degrade.
- Take control of your emotions instead of losing your cool.
- Speak persuasively, not abrasively.
- Watch for signs that safety is at risk and make it safe to talk.
- Help others into dialogue when they’re feeling hurt, scared, or defensive.
- Go from talking to getting results.
- Crucial Conversations Participant Toolkit
- Contract cards for each lesson in a desktop display case
- Crucial Conversations model card
- A copy of the New York Times bestselling book, Crucial Conversations
- The Crucial Conversations Audio Companion
- A course completion certificate
Facilitator: Tina Bennefield
There are no classes scheduled at this time.
Registration will be processed through the new online registration system, REPORTER.
To view upcoming training in REPORTER, go to go.ncsu.edu/reporter and log in. Once you have logged in select the Course Catalog link from the left-side menu. Enter in Course Prefix ‘HR-LOD200’ and select the red Search button.
If there are instances available, you can enroll, otherwise, select Add to Watchlist to be notified when a new instance is available.