Class Number: HR-LOD210
The best leaders know how to get individuals to work together to accomplish goals. In contrast, we struggle to enable our colleagues to complete projects on time and on budget. We do our best to motivate employees to demonstrate more concern for profitability or following procedures. We provide incentives for our sales teams to hit quota. In summary, we continually work on ways to exert our influence, but we regularly fall short.
In spite of the fact that we’re routinely trying to alter behavior, few of us can articulate an effective strategy to create this behavior change. It’s time this changed. By drawing from the skills of many of the world’s best change agents and combining them with five decades of social-science research, Influencer Training creates a powerful and portable model for behavior change.
Who Needs Influencer Training?
Whether you’re managing a team of ten or leading a large organization, Influencer Training provides the skills you need to change the behavior of others. The course is also highly effective for those without formal authority, as well as emerging leaders.
What to Expect during Training
Influencer Training uses a combination of live training, compelling videos, and a written toolkit to aid learners. Learners will engage in extensive in-class practice, group discussions, and personal planning.
- Identify the high-leverage behaviors you should focus on
- Diagnose the real causes behind behavior problems
- Effectively motivate and enable others—regardless of formal authority
- Create behavior-change strategies that yield rapid, lasting results
- Influencer Participant Toolkit
- Influencer Model card
- The Six Sources of Influence™ card
- A copy of the New York Times bestselling book, Influencer: The New Science of Leading Change 2nd Edition
- Influencer Audio Companion
- A course completion certificate
Facilitator: Tina Bennefield
Registration will be processed through the new online registration system, REPORTER.
To view upcoming training in REPORTER, go to go.ncsu.edu/reporter and log in. Once you have logged in select the Course Catalog link from the left-side menu. Enter in Course Prefix ‘LOD210’ and select the red Search button.
If there are instances available, you can enroll, otherwise, select Add to Watchlist to be notified when a new instance is available.