Class Number: HR-LOD15
This course includes practical instruction and exercises to develop skills in marketing a position, recruiting candidates, assessing candidate qualifications, interviewing, and using tools to facilitate an effective recruitment and selection process. This course will refer to the online applicant tracking system, PeopleAdmin, but will not include in-depth training on the system. For general information regarding the PeopleAdmin online employment system, please see the PeopleAdmin 7 Basic class.
This training is specifically designed for those involved in the recruitment, screening, and/or hiring of NC State University employees.
- Describe effective EHRA and SHRA recruiting strategies and best practices.
- Provide techniques on selling the position, department, and University to attract top talent.
- Discuss recruitment techniques for various types of positions.
- Share information on effectively evaluating candidates, applications, and resumes.
- Provide best practices on interviewing techniques.
- Discuss elements of an effective offer process.
- Review best practices for checking references.
- Provide instruction on maintaining compliance throughout the search process.
To register for this course click on the link: REPORTER