Class Number: HR-ER47-online
Participants will learn the basics of the University’s new SHRA Performance Appraisal Program, which became effective April 1, 2017. Participants will also be provided with information on how to fulfill their supervisory responsibilities under the new program.
The online training consists of four videos and a Knowledge Assessment.
Program Basics (12 minutes)
Performance Plan (13 minutes)
Off-Cycle Reviews (7 minutes)
Appraising and Scoring (15 minutes)
The Knowledge Assessment consists of ten multiple-choice questions. In order to complete the course, a passing score of 80% must be achieved.
- Understand why the performance appraisal program is changing.
- Outline key elements of the new performance appraisal program.
- Understand the differences among institutional goals, individual goals, and development goals.
- Identify supervisory responsibilities related to establishing employee performance plans, conducting off-cycle reviews, and completing annual appraisals.
- Understand the new performance ratings: Exceeding Expectations, Meeting Expectations, Not Meeting Expectations.
- Understand how an employee’s final overall score on the performance appraisal is calculated.
- Increase awareness of available resources.
To register for this online training, go to go.ncsu.edu/reporter and log in using your Unity Id and password. Once you have logged in, select the Course Catalog link from the left-side menu. Enter in Course ID ‘ER47’ and select the red Search button.
If there are instances available, you can enroll. If no instances are available, select Add to Watchlist to be notified when a new instance is