QuickStart is a University Business Practices Certificate Program that covers the basic business practices and processes of NC State University. This program is most helpful for employees interested in an overview of the administrative, business, financial and other operations at NC State University.
QuickStart has been grouped into four modules. Participants will register for QuickStart and have the option to select a date for each module. Once you successfully complete all four modules, you will receive a certificate of completion. Each module must be attended and missed modules may be rescheduled through REPORTER.
Participation in the QuickStart program is free of charge.
The key objectives of QuickStart are as follows:
- Offer a comprehensive overview of NC State University’s business practices.
- Familiarize new and existing employees with the policies and procedures of NC State University.
- Provide an introduction to the essential software and computer systems utilized for basic administrative functions.
- Provide an overview of available professional development resources.
- Grant participants access to University Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and various resources.
- Facilitate the establishment of a network of peers for future communication and support.
By attending this series, participants will achieve the following outcomes:
- Identify the critical business processes necessary to effectively work at NC State.
- Be aware of the appropriate channels for pursuing additional training in areas of personal interest.
- Recognize the relevant points of contact for acquiring supplementary information when needed.
Human Resources Information Management & Analytics (HRIMA)
Learning and Organizational Development
Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity (OIED)
Technology Training Solutions/Office of Professional Development
Budget and Cost Analysis
Foundations Accounting & Investments
Procurement & Business Services
University Cashier’s Office
Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Office of General Counsel
Office of Partnerships
Background Check Program
Classification and Compensation/EHRA and SHRA
Environmental Health & Safety
International Compensation and Taxations
Talent Acquisitions and Recruitment
Carina Lockley, Program Manager
919-515-4280 or firstname.lastname@example.org