Financial Services and Processes
- Offers training on the following: Financial Reconciliation of Sponsored Projects (Closeout); Introduction to Cost Accounting Standards; Cost Share Fundamentals; Post Award Compliance; Payroll Re-allocations; TEARS (The Employee Activity Reporting System); and New Award Meetings.
- Training videos are available for Capital Asset Management Training (CAMS), Financial Accounting, financial system data entry functions for travel reimbursement, purchase voucher, purchase requisitions and journals.
- Offers training on the following: Proposal Budgeting; RAPC-Research Administration Program Certification; CRA-International Certification in Research Administration; Tutorial System Houses; and NCURA Live Video Conferences.
Personal and Professional Skills Development
- The State of North Carolina’s Academic Assistance Program allows University departments to reimburse permanent employees for the costs of job-related courses. Eligible courses are those that are beneficial to both the employee and the University; directly related to the employee’s present responsibilities or field of work; are required to complete an academic degree program directly related to the employee’s field of work. Application form may be downloaded. View the Academic Assistance Program Policy.
- Leadership and Professional Development workshops open to Faculty and Staff.
LinkedIn Learning is an online video training library with thousands of expert-created courses covering technology, software, hardware, business, career-building, creativity, and more.
- Office of Professional Development (OPD) offers non-degree professional training courses, Courses range from Project Management to Facilities Engineering and Energy Management. In addition, OPD offers a variety of experiences including test prep courses. OPD is conveniently located in the McKimmon Conference and Training Center – parking is free and the McKimmon Center houses a campus dining facility, The Corner Cafe, for meal options.
- Equal Opportunity Institute, National Coalition Building Institute (NCBI), BASIC Race Awareness Seminar, Faculty & Staff Diversity Training, Study Circles on Race and Race Relations.
- The Human Resource Development (HRD) group offers courses to NC State Employees that are targeted to public sector managers, supervisors, administrative support specialists, Human Resources professionals, and employees who want to increase their knowledge and improve their skills to be more productive and effective.
- Poole College of Management Executive Leadership Programs and Executive Education Programs.
- The waiver is available to employees of the University System who work 75% time or greater, contribute to the retirement system.
- Offer a variety of team and leadership development programs to university groups, community organizations and corporate groups.
Safety Training Programs
- A variety of safety programs training options such as Passenger Van Training, Campus Security, Hazard Communication Training, Principles of Radiation Safety, etc. are available through the Environmental Health & Public Safety Center.
Computer & Technical
- offers a variety of technology workshops and educational opportunities, free of charge.
- Workshops and seminars about learning technologies for blended and online instruction.
- Technology Training Solutions (TTS) offers one and two-day technology courses as well as lengthier certification courses. The courses range from software courses such as Microsoft Excel, to productivity courses such as iPad Tips and Tricks. TTS offers a discount to NC State employees, as well as the opportunity to re-take any course within 90 days. TTS is conveniently located in the McKimmon Conference and Training Center – parking is free and the McKimmon center houses a campus dining facility, The Corner Cafe, for meal options.